Supporting registered charities, CICs and voluntary organisations in Greater Manchester since 1924.
The Charity Service Grant Fund
Applications for grant funding are invited from registered charities, CICs and voluntary organisations who work with disadvantaged communities and/or individuals living within the Greater Manchester area.
We welcome applications for all charitable purposes however due to the ongoing situation with the pandemic we want to focus our support on 4 priority areas – preventing homelessness, reducing social isolation, improving access to employment and emergency support for vulnerable families and children.
- Grants applications will be assessed on the community impact, sustainability, outcomes and budgetary detail.
- Our average grant award is £1,000. Larger grants, maximum of £3000, may be considered in exceptional circumstances.
- We would not normally fund an organisation that has been registered for less than 3 years.
How can the grant be used?
- Assist with the purchase or supply of activities, amenities or items of a medical nature NOT supplied by the NHS.
- Assist with the purchase or supply of activities, amenities or equipment that will improve the general welfare of the local community or an individual.
- Assist with new project costs (for a specific time).
- Assist with any other charitable purpose that has a direct impact on the welfare of the local community or an individual.
- Multiple applications from one organisation will be considered however these must not be for the same purpose
Cinderella Charitable Fund
Applications for funding are invited from groups and individuals for grants to support the costs of a holiday for sick and convalescent children whose family are unable to afford to take them on holiday.
Grants are only available to residents within the geographical areas of:
- Greater Manchester
- East Lancashire
- North East Cheshire
- North West Derbyshire
If you would like to speak to someone prior to making an application or need assistance/support to complete the application form please call Pete Yarwood on 0793 691 7679 or use the form opposite.
Who we’ve Supported
Testimonials from some of the charities we have supported in the last 12 months
The team of NCA are truly grateful and appreciative of the support received from the Charity Service Discretionary Fund. We applied for and received a grant of £10,000 which saved our local weekly Community Diner offering social connection with a freshly hot cooked meal with a smile.
We have already connected with 84 different people and this funding will allow us to connect with so many more. This is not only thanks from NCA but the community of Northmoor which the Diner serves.
Giselle Bawden – Centre ManagerFunding awarded to support a local Community Diner
Trustees from the Manchester and Salford Medical Charitable Fund invited us to apply for funding in support of this requirement. We were successful in receiving a grant of £10,000, which in turn bought eight much-needed specialist beds. These beds are already in situ, providing flexibility in care and ease of portability to help our in-patient nurses and doctors. We cannot thank The Charity Service enough for their speedy response in enabling us to continue providing much need care to local people.
Clare Henderson – Major Gifts, Trusts and Foundations Fundraiser Funding awarded to purchase 10 specialist beds
On behalf of everyone at Mustard Tree, I would like to offer our thanks for the support of the Charity Service Discretionary Fund. The support for our Food Club will have a hugely positive impact on the lives of people in poverty and facing homelessness in Manchester. Funding will enable people struggling to make ends meet to access the support they are entitled to and access our holistic package of opportunities.
David Bond – Trusts and Grants Manager Funding awarded towards the cost of running the Manchester Food Club